Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry is not just a dish; it’s a quick, nutritious solution to the eternal question, “What’s for dinner?” Combining the lean protein of chicken with the fibrous benefits of cabbage, this stir fry is a powerhouse of nutrients, ready in just 25 minutes.
Why Choose Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry?
In today’s fast-paced world, finding a balance between quick, easy meals and healthy eating can be a challenge. Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry ticks all the boxes, offering a meal that’s both satisfying and good for you.
Packed with protein from chicken and a wealth of vitamins and minerals from cabbage, this dish is a nutritional champion. It’s low in calories yet high in flavor, making it an ideal choice for those watching their diet.
The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity. All you need are chicken breast halves, vegetable oil, green cabbage, a red bell pepper, and a few pantry staples like cornstarch, ground ginger, garlic powder, water, and soy sauce.
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions
- Preparing the Chicken: Start by thinly slicing the chicken breast halves. This ensures they cook quickly and evenly.
- Cooking the Vegetables: Heat oil in a large pan, add the chicken, and once it’s golden brown, toss in the cabbage and bell pepper. The key is to keep the veggies crisp-tender.
- Making the Sauce: A simple mix of cornstarch, ginger, garlic powder, water, and soy sauce creates a flavorful sauce that brings the dish together.
- Combining Ingredients: Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables, stirring well to coat everything in the delicious glaze.
This stir fry is versatile. Serve it over a bed of steamed rice or noodles for a more filling meal, or enjoy it as is for a low-carb option.
Variations of the Recipe
Don’t hesitate to get creative. Swap chicken for tofu for a vegetarian version, or add more veggies like carrots or broccoli for an extra nutrient boost.
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry is more than just a meal; it’s a lifestyle choice. Quick, healthy, and delicious, it’s the perfect answer to your dinner dilemmas.
- Can I use other types of cabbage in this recipe? Yes, feel free to use red cabbage or Napa cabbage for a different twist.
- Is this dish suitable for meal prep? Absolutely! It keeps well in the fridge and tastes even better the next day.
- Can I make this stir fry spicy? Yes, add some chili flakes or a dash of hot sauce to heat things up.
- What’s the best way to slice the chicken for stir fry? Slice the chicken against the grain for tender, easy-to-eat pieces.
- Can I freeze Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry? It’s best enjoyed fresh, but you can freeze it. Just be aware that the texture of the vegetables may change upon reheating.
3 chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cups green cabbage, shredded
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the sliced chicken breasts to the pan and stir fry until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Toss in the shredded cabbage and red bell pepper, sautéing for about 2 minutes until the cabbage is crisp-tender.
In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, ground ginger, garlic powder, water, and soy sauce until smooth.
Pour this mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the pan, stirring well to combine.
Continue to cook for another minute or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken and vegetables are well coated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 220